Doc Ref: IMP_DOC_001 rev O
Last Updated: 24th May 2018
Insight Medical Products Ltd, a medical device manufacturer and distributor, incorporated under the laws of England and Wales under company registration number 3949101, whose registered office is at Unit 3, Priory Industrial Estate, Tetbury, Gloucestershire. GL8 8HZ.
This policy establishes how we handle information we learn about external customers, suppliers and third parties. Protecting the privacy and personal data of our customers and visitors is highly important to us. Protecting your privacy and your personal data is an important aspect of the way we create, organise and implement our processes.
Insight Medical Product’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679). Insight Medical is a controller of data and registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Personal Data We Collect About You
Personal data collected, used, stored and transferred by us may include the following:
|Type of Data||Further Information|
|Identity Data||Including forenames, last name or similar identifier|
|Contact Data||Including business address, email and contact numbers|
|Transaction Data||Including website SEO analytics|
|Profile and Usage Data||Including purchases made by you, feedback, surveys and post market correspondence|
|Marketing Data||Including your preference to opt out from receiving marketing from us|
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Personal data is collected by us using the following methods:
- Direct Interactions with Insight Medical Products whether in person, by post, email, phone or otherwise
- Applications for job vacancies via email, post or in person
How Do We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data in the following circumstances for contractual and legitimate business reasons:
- To initially discuss your requirements or job application
- To process and deliver product or service
- To manage our relationship with you:
- Customer reviews/surveys
- To respond to enquiries or complaints
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who Do We Disclose Personal Data To
Your personal date may be shared with third parties for the following processes:
- External Suppliers – It may also be necessary to share your personal information with non-affiliated companies who perform support services on our behalf including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to Insight Medical Products.
- Regulators -Sharing of information may be necessary to fulfil our legal obligations as a regulated medical devices company or cooperate with law enforcement, legal proceedings or regulatory authorities.
- Others -Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
Insight Medical Products only send marketing information if you have requested this. You will also have the choice to opt-in to receiving other related marketing information and related products and services.
You can opt-out of receiving these types of communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
We intend to protect the quality and integrity of our personal information. Insight Medical has an outsourced IT Professional to look after our server and technologies and protect stored information from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
Insight Medical Products employees and processors who have access to personal data are obliged to respect the privacy of our visitors and the confidentiality of their personal data.
Insight Medical Products will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
We will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when we respond to court orders, or any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply for legal process.
Cookies and Technology
Retention Period and Your Rights
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary as stated for regulatory unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Your rights regarding your personal data are as follows:
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You can also to ask us to delete your personal data where you have successfully objected to the processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to delete the data for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how Insight Medical Products may have stored, used or processed your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). Insight Medical Products would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Questions and contact information
For any questions or further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org